Dear Aspiring Book Author:
Have you ever thought that you’d like to write and publish a book some day … but you’re not sure how to go about it?
Many writers, consultants, entrepreneurs, experts, professionals, and executives want to do just that.
And with good reason….
Becoming an author with a book published by a mainstream publisher has many benefits that self-publishing cannot match – from advances and royalties, to enhanced credibility and greater visibility, to establishing you as the recognized authority in your field.
All of which can help build your business, create a heavy demand for your products and services, increase your sales, and put more money in your pocket.
But although you have something to say, and want to write and publish a book about it, that goal may have eluded you, so far – as it has so many others – because the process of selling a book to a publisher is, for most of us, mysterious and unfamiliar.
And that’s where I can help – by revealing to you the amazingly effective and simple methods I have used to write and sell more than 80 books to mainstream publishing houses since 1982.
Do you want to write a book?
My name is Bob Bly. I am not the most famous author in the world … nor the richest, most prolific, or best-selling.
But, since 1982, I have managed to write and sell to major publishers – like HarperCollins, McGraw-Hill, and Prentice Hall, just to name a few – nearly 7 dozen nonfiction books.
As a result of writing all these books … and occasionally writing articles for Writer’s Digest and other writer’s magazines … I have become a magnet for “wanna-be” authors….
Sincere, well-meaning people who want to write a book and get it published….
And SHOULD, because they have knowledge others can benefit from – or something valuable and important to say.
But, because publishing is such a small, closed industry, they have no idea where to begin … or how to get a publisher to even look at their book, much less want to publish it!
And over the last quarter of a century, these wanna-be authors have asked me the same questions – over and over again. Perhaps these are YOUR questions, as well.
“How do I approach a publishing house … and find an editor who will be interested in my book?
“Do I need a literary agent … and how can I get one to represent me?”
“I have never published before. Will I ever be able to get a publisher to take a look at my work?
“My idea is a guaranteed best-seller. How come I can’t get publishers and agents to return my phone call?
“How much of an advance can I expect to get paid … and how can I ensure that my book becomes a best-seller?”
Well, I got tired of feeling guilty about letting all these questions go unanswered.
And so I decided to produce a multimedia home study course designed specifically to give aspiring authors the answers to all their questions about the publishing process.
You see, I am a writer – and a “biblio-phile.”
I love books. I am “hooked” on books … addicted to reading them and writing them.
I also get a kick out of helping others – particularly first-time authors – make their dreams come true and become published book authors.
That’s why I want to share with you my simple yet proven formula for coming up with a nonfiction book idea and selling it to a mainstream publisher. If you will let me.
8 steps to getting your book published
Now, in Getting Your Book Published, I share with you proven, utterly pragmatic methods you can use to quickly and easily start and run your own $100,000-a-year freelance writing business.
The first part of the course is a set of 3 audio CDs that pull back the curtain of the book publishing industry … and show you how to write a nonfiction book and sell it to a mainstream publishing house. Including:
- Should you write and publish a book? What you can realistically expect publication of your book to do for you and your career … and the “pipe dreams” that probably WON’T come true for you.
- 5 options for getting your book published today … and how to choose the one that’s right for you.
- What best-selling author Robert Ringer can teach you about making a lot of money whether you self publish or traditionally publish.
- The #1 factor that prevents would-be authors from selling their book idea to a publisher … and how to get around it.
- My battle-tested methods for coming up with a nonfiction book idea and selling it to a major NY publisher. Success rate is better than 90%.
- How to get a great idea for your next big-selling book from your job … your hobby … a speech you give … a class you teach … or even a class you TAKE!
- 10 great sources for coming up with a publishable book idea.
- 5 questions an editor will ask before buying your book. If you miss even one, it’s no sale.
- Why it’s highly unlikely that you’re the first author to present publishers with the idea for the book you want to write … and how to get them to buy it anyway.
- People buy nonfiction books for only one of two reasons. Can you name them both? If your book doesn’t fulfill one of these two requirements for your readers, it will never sell.
- The 3 types of credentials publishers look for before they’ll take you on as an author … and how to quickly and easily acquire each if you don’t already have them.
- Is your book idea really a book … or should it be a magazine article instead? Easy ways to tell whether there’s enough “meat” to your topic to justify book-length publication to a mainstream publisher.
- You come up with an idea for a book you think is unique. You check … and no one’s done it yet. Time to get excited? Think again….
- Too many other books on the topic you want to write? Here’s how you can still interest a publisher in doing the book with the “Slice of a Slice” method.
- Is the market for your book large enough to interest a mainstream publisher in investing money to publish it? Gauge potential market interest with Jerry Buchanan’s “5 Percent Formula.”
- Creating your “content outline” with the “10/5/7” formula. Makes writing your book as easy as filling in a simple form.
- How many chapters should be in your book? How many pages? What word length?
- 8 easy steps to writing a winning book proposal that your agent can sell for a five-figure advance.
- How to write a dynamite one-page overview of your book idea that will get editors eager to buy it.
- What is a “platform” and how can you create one that convinces publishers to buy a book from you?
- 5 ways to make your book proposal stand out from the crowd. Not one author in a hundred knows these simple yet effective marketing techniques.
- 3 reasons why you need a literary agent – and why an agent can get you a better book deal than you could get representing yourself.
- How to find a top literary agent … and get him or her to represent you.
- The greatest rip-off in the publishing world today … and how to avoid it. This tip alone can save you thousands of dollars in wasted fees.
- How much do you pay an agent? What percentage? What fees? And when does the money change hands?
- How to sell your book to a publisher even if you cannot get or do not want to work with an agent.
- Getting an offer: what you can expect in terms of an advance and royalties. Also: which is better, gross vs. net royalties?
- Negotiating your “ancillary rights” – world rights, book club, audio, dramatic, serialization, and more.
- Creating a writing schedule that comfortably allows you to meet the publisher’s deadline without driving you crazy or making your life miserable.
- How to obtain permission to use other people’s material in your book … and when it is absolutely essential to do so (and when you do not have to).
- The “file folder” method for researching and writing your book … cuts research and writing time (and stress) in half.
- You hand in your finished book. But you’re not done yet. Here’s what to expect in “developmental editing” … copy editing … galleys … proofreading … artwork and cover design.
- Why the “author’s questionnaire” (AQ) is one of the most important documents in the publishing process. Plus: easy shortcut lets you complete your AQ twice as completely and in half the time as most other authors.
- Who holds the copyright to your book – you or your publisher? Copyright pitfall you must avoid.
- Book tours, the library circuit, and other book marketing and promotions. Are they worth your time?
- Fastest, cheapest, and most profitable way to sell hundreds of copies of your book to your clients, customers, fans, and readers online.
- What to do when your book goes out of print – and get it back onto the bookshelves quickly.
- Normally you have to pay your publisher 50% of the retail price to buy copies of your own book. But here’s how you can get them for as little as a dollar each.
- And so much more….
To order your copy of Getting Your Book Published on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
Keep current with new trends in book publishing
Since the book publishing world is dynamic and rapidly evolving, I just videotaped a talk I gave to a group of aspiring authors on what’s new in publishing today. And I’ve added this valuable new publishing advice on a DVD (value: $49) to my Getting Your Book Published course – without raising the price one dime!
In this presentation, titled “How to Write a Nonfiction Book and Get it Published,” you get an update of my modified approach to selling books, including:
- My expanded 10-step process for writing a nonfiction book and getting it published.
- How writing a nonfiction book can help establish your reputation as a top expert in your field.
- How to draw people into your “sales funnel” with a book.
- How to build an “author’s platform” and when publishers absolutely require it before they will publish your book.
- Using an e-newsletter, search engine optimized web site, and social media to expand your platform.
- Here’s how most new authors try to find a publisher – why it doesn’t work – and what to do instead.
- The 8 sections you must have in your book proposal to get a contract from a publisher.
- How to find a literary agent in the bookstore or your local library.
- If your book is rejected, should you give up and forget about it? The answer may surprise you.
- How to unlock the “hidden content gold” in your book after it goes out of print.
- And even more….
Writers and others praise Getting Your Book Published
Here are just a few of the enthusiastic raves for earlier editions of Getting Your Book Published…
“As a result of the information you provided, I wrote a successful proposal and got my first book published, which is selling quite well at bookstores and on amazon.com. Thanks again for your superb insights.”
“Bob Bly’s practical step-by-step instructions guided me in finding my niche and writing my book proposal, and after submitting to four publishers, my book is now available and was published by a well-respected publishing house. I truly believe that if it were not for Bob’s material, my dream of being a published author would not have been possible.”
--Lisa Morschini, Santa Barbara, CA
“Bob Bly knows what makes book proposals work. In simple, straightforward instruction, he spills everything he knows so that the rest of us can get published.”
--Christopher Kokoski, Louisville, KY
“It takes a person through the whole process, how to start, sell, and market. I highly recommend it.”
--Glenn, Temecula, CA
“This is a truly inspiring, extremely practical and entertaining guide to becoming a published author. Having it is like ‘money in the bank’ – follow its instructions and you will certainly learn to think like a prolific wordsmith who can turn ideas into profits.”
--Roscoe Barnes, Baltimore, MD
“Contains a lot of valuable information, especially for the novice. I especially like the presentation of acquiring an using an agent, and the specific procedure to follow to publish a manuscript.”
--Louise Froehlich, Mt. Arlington, NJ
Act now and save $122!
I can’t say what it is worth to YOU to get your book published. Only you can put a price on that.
I do know what it has been worth to me – literally, HUNDREDS OF THOUSAANDS OF DOLLARS in extra income through –
Advances … royalties … book club sales … serialization … speaking engagements … and consulting contracts – all because I was the guy who “wrote the book” on my topic.
Also a recent survey found that, on average, books published by traditional publishing houses earn their authors twice as much money as books the authors self-publish!
Now, what is my advice on becoming a published book author worth?
Years ago, I would occasionally ghostwrite book proposals for people – at $2,500 a pop.
And that’s just for the book proposal. They were on their own when it came to finding an agent, selling the proposal to a publisher, and getting the book written.
Once or twice, the client talked me into helping them write the book, for which I took either a flat fee or half the advance. That usually worked out to another $20,000 to $25,000 per book.
These days, I get asked to write book proposals or help someone find a publisher for their book at least once a week.
Unfortunately, I am simply too busy with my own writing. So – regretfully, because I like to help authors get published – I turn them all away.
But today it won’t cost you $25,000 … $2,500 … or even $250 to have me help you get your book published by a mainstream publishing house.
Here’s what’s included with your Getting Your Book Published multimedia home study kit:
4 audio CDs ($39 each) – value $156.
NEW! DVD—value: $49.
Bonus book (see my P.S. below):--$14.95.
Total value: $219.95
Your cost: only $97.
Your savings: $122.95.
You are closer to becoming a published book author than you think.
Now, it’s true that I can’t guarantee that, after listening to Getting Your Book Published, you will sell your book to a major New York Publisher.
That’s because I can’t control what you write … how you write it … where you send it … or their reaction to it.
But I can – and do – guarantee your satisfaction with Getting Your Book Published in three important ways….
** FIRST, I guarantee that the information in my program is not theoretical … not something I researched and wrote from secondary sources, interviews, or compiled from writer’s magazines.
Every word in the program is my honest advice and opinion … based on my 33 years of writing and selling books to major New York publishers … which has resulted in 85 books published to date, with combined sales of more than a million books sold.
So when I tell you what works … and what doesn’t work … in book publishing, I speak from expensive experience. Not theory.
** SECOND, you get my tested, proven approach to writing book proposals that sell. Since 1982, I’ve written more almost 7 dozen book proposals that publishers have said “yes” to and offered me contracts for.
So when it comes to writing book proposals that sell, I know what I’m doing. I’m not saying mine is the only method of writing book proposals that sell …but it is one that has been proven to work time and time again.
** THIRD, even if you can’t sell your book to a regular publisher, you can still get your book published.
And that’s where my colleague Fred Gleeck can help you. On the final CD of this program, Fred … author of 15 self-published paperback books and countless e-books … shares his self-publishing secrets with you.
- How to get your book written – even if you hate to write and can’t write.
- Working with a quality ghostwriter … for less than you ever imagined you would pay.
- Get your book’s cover professionally designed -- and your book pages typeset -- for pennies on the dollar.
- Why you no longer need to print thousands of copies and store them in your garage or attic: the new “POD” (printing on demand) technology.
- Finding and getting bids from qualified short-run book printers.
- Should you get your book printed in Hong Kong? The surprising answer.
- Selling your books “BOR” – at the back of the room – when speaking and giving seminars.
- Warehousing, order entry, and fulfillment for self-published authors.
- How to market and sell your self-published book.
- Should you self-publish your book as a paper book or a downloadable PDF “e-book”? Pros and cons of each.
While 81 of my books are with mainstream publishers, 3 are self-published on Kindle and CreateSpace. In the DVD that comes with this program, I explain why … and when self-publishing is a sensible option.
So … one way or another … whether traditionally published or self-published … you WILL become the author of a published book – one you’ll be pleased and proud to hold in your hands and share with others.
My 100% money-back guarantee of satisfaction
But you are the final judge of whether our methods can work for YOU….
If, after reviewing Getting Your Book Published, you are not 100% delighted with my program for any reason (or for no reason), just return it along with your bonus book (see my P.S. below) to me within 90 days for a full refund.
That way, you risk nothing.
So, what are you waiting for? In 90 days, you could be no closer to your dream of becoming a published book author than you are right now….
Or, you could be on your way to fame and fortune … and maybe even a guest appearance on Oprah or CBS (where I was on TV to promote one of my books) … as the author of a best-selling book.
Oh, there’s one other thing I can and do guarantee: I guarantee that if you never try … if you never actually sit down, and write your book proposal, and send it out to agents and publishers … you’ll never get your book published.
Of that much, I’m sure.
What happens next is entirely up to you. But I urge you to take the next step today. And I guarantee you’ll be glad you did … or your money back.
To order Getting Your Book Published on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
Bob Bly, Author of 80+ Published Books
P.S. Order Getting Your Book Published today and you get a FREE Bonus Gift—a copy of my book How to Get Your Book Published paperback (list price: $14.95).
This 264-page classic paperback on publishing, now out of print and unavailable in stores, gives you the forms, sample documents, model book proposals, pitch letters, and resources – including a directory of publishers and literary agents – you need to get your book published.
To get the 4-CD audio learning system Getting Your Book Published on a 90-day, money-back trial basis … the new DVD … and your FREE 264-page bonus book, just click below now:
ACT NOW … supplies limited – order today!
I urge you to hurry. We have a limited supply of the bonus paper How to Get Your Book Published in stock.
Once these are gone, they’re gone for good: we will NOT be going back to press.
So I urge you to order today, before the last of these is gone. After that, it’s too late, and you will be shipped the CDs and DVD only, but without the book and its valuable forms and model proposals.
To make sure you get your FREE book, click here now: